1/1 Photo of Columbian Potato Stew
I’ve made this so many times, pretty much every time we have company, this is what we make. It sounds soooo simple but it is the BEST soup ever. It’s NOT low fat. But so what?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups white onions, chopped
- 1/2 lb russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb red potatoes, unpeeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb yellow potato, unpeeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3 ears corn, sliced thick
- 1Season chicken pieces ((wings, breasts, legs, thighs) with skin and bone!) with salt and pepper, roast in oven for an hour or so. (Get the chicken skins really nice and crispy…. YUMMY!).
- 2While the chicken is cooking, make the soup.
- 3Sautee onion in your pan in oil until it starts to brown, no longer. Add broth. Add peeled chopped russets and cook those down (that’s the thickener).
- 4Add the other 3 types of potatoes, and the oregano when the russets are soft. Add corn when the other potatoes are almost done.
- 5This is the most important part….
- 6Make the salsa! Set it aside.
- 7Add the cream and sour cream to the stew, and it’s ready to serve.
- 8Ladle the soup into a huge bowl. Top with a piece of chicken or 2, and a big spoonful of the salsa.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Columbian Potato Stew
Serving Size: 1 (636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.5
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 297.2 mg
- Sodium 1459.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 74.2 g