Cook3 hrs 45 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, from "The Best Bread Machine Cookbook Ever: Ethnic Breads" by Madge Rosenberg. Better get a taste first, or this bread will disappear in a flash. No filling or spread is needed on this bread. Cut the loaf into 1/2-inch slices and then into triangles for hors d'oeuvres with beer, sangria, or orange juice lightened with club soda. Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf. (Time to make mashed potatoes not included in recipe times.)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup cooked mashed potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup tomato, chopped and drained
- Add all ingredients except the tomato in the order recommended by your bread machine manual.
- Process on the bread cycle directed by the manual.
- At the beeper (or at the end of the first kneading in the Panasonic, national, and Sanyo), add the tomato.