Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from a friend, I have changed it slightly. I hope that you enjoy this delicious coffee sensation. You can use any chocolate, coffee and cinnamon liquers that you prefer.
- 1 cup strong coffee (columbian)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces half-and-half cream
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1 ounce chocolate liqueur (Godiva)
- 1 ounce cinnamon schnapps (Red Hot)
- whipping cream (garnish)
- 2 teaspoons white fine sugar (rimming & garnish)
- 1 teaspoon chocolate, flakes (garnish) (optional)
- Make 1 cup of strong coffee, keep warm.
- In a small pot add half and half cream with chocolate and coffee liquers.
- Heat on low about 3 minutes, whisking constantly to blend flavours.
- Pour cinnamon liquer and white sugar onto small plates (1 each).
- Rim your glass first in cinnamon liquer and then dip your glass into the white sugar to coat rim evenly.
- Reserving any left over liquer and sugar for garnishing.
- Add warm liquer mixture to coffee and stir.
- Pour the coffee & liquer mixture into the prepared glass and top with whipped cream.
- Slowly drizzle the reserved cinnamon liquer over the whipped cream and then sprinkle with sugar and chocolate flakes.
This was a smooth and delicious cup of coffee to start off my morning. With that added zing of the cinnamon liqueur, this was a delight to the palate and a real pleasure to savor and sip on such a cold and snowy winter morning.
5 Stars, this was divine! The Hot D*mn Cinnamon Burst liqueur did not overwhelm; rather it lent a tantalizing accent. The Kahlua and Godiva liqueurs were not as readily distinguishable. I used 6 oz of Hazelnut Dark Roast coffee in a smallish coffee mug; as a result, after I added the whipped cream and began dripping the remaining cinnamon liqueur on top, my drink overflowed the mug. So I would definitely use an Irish Coffee mug next time. Thanks for posting, Baby Kato! Made for Zaar Stars.
Truly outstanding. I skipped the sugar rim and whipped cream because yesterday was Thanksgiving and I need to make amends for dietary sins I committed. My booze of choice was Kahlua, Mozart Black and Goldschlagger. YUMMM. Rich, warm and very sensual. This would be the perfect thing to share with a good friend while having a good winter chat by the fireside.