carole in orlando's Note:
One of the nicest Cuban restaurants in Florida shared their popular salad with Food Nework.com and I wanted to share it with Zaar. It is our favorite salad when we go to the Columbia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in eights
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup julienne strips swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup julienne strips ham or 1/2 cup turkey or 1/2 cup shrimp
- 1/4 cup green Spanish olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons grated romano cheese
- 1In a bowl or jar mix first seven ingredients and mix well.
- 2Use a whisk, or shake in the jar with a tight lid.
- 3Set dressing aside.
- 4Mix the next six ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- 5Pour dressing over the salad mix and toss gently.
- 6Sprinkle with the Romano cheese and toss until well blended.
- 7You may use pepperoni sausage, what ever hard sliced cheese you like as the meat and cheese in the salad.
- 8Serve as soon as you have mixed the dressing and cheese into the salad.
- 9This is great with crusty Cuban bread and butter.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Columbia Restaurant's 1905 Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.1
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.9 mg
- Sodium 491.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar