Recipe by carole in orlando
One of the nicest Cuban restaurants in Florida shared their popular salad with Food Nework.com and I wanted to share it with Zaar. It is our favorite salad when we go to the Columbia.
Top Review by Gerry
I can see why this salad is popular - it's a wonderful combination making for a lovely salad ... and I didn't have to go to Florida to enjoy. (Much as I would like too!) Made using turkey strips - I'm going to give shrimp a go next time around. Yes this is definetely a repeatable! Thank you Carole.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in eights
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup julienne strips swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup julienne strips ham or 1⁄2 cup turkey or 1⁄2 cup shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup green Spanish olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl or jar mix first seven ingredients and mix well.
- Use a whisk, or shake in the jar with a tight lid.
- Set dressing aside.
- Mix the next six ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad mix and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with the Romano cheese and toss until well blended.
- You may use pepperoni sausage, what ever hard sliced cheese you like as the meat and cheese in the salad.
- Serve as soon as you have mixed the dressing and cheese into the salad.
- This is great with crusty Cuban bread and butter.