Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a nice appetizer or party starter recipe from the wonderful Columbia Restaurant here in Florida. I hightly recommend a visit!
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon, thin slices, cut in half
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- vegetable oil (for frying) or peanut oil (for frying)
- Pat shrimp dry and marinate in the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper for 10 minutes.
- Wrap half a strip of bacon around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick.
- Beat eggs and milk together, dip each shrimp in the batter, then roll in flour. Deep fry at 300F until brown. About 5-8 minutes.
Oh I have not tried this but there is no way it could deserve anything less than a 5 star your recipes look fabulous!