Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- toasted bun
- red onion ring
- In a 10-12 inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, cook mushrooms and green onions in butter, stirring often, until vegetables are limp; about 6 minutes.
- Add oats and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then stir in cooked rice, mozzarella, cheddar, walnuts, cottage cheese, eggs and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On an oiled 12 by 15 inch baking sheet, shape into 4 patties, each 1/2 inch thick.
- Broil 3 inches from heat until deep golden, turning once, 6 to 7 minutes total.
I love Money's Gardenburgers and the ingredients in this are similar. But Money's has only 100 calories per patty and 3 grams of fat. These are way way higher. I am going to make these anyway but omit the butter and some of the cheese, and perhaps one of the eggs. I don't see why you would need 2 eggs to hold these together.
I haven't tried this recipe, yet, but it looks just like the Money's Garden Burgers that I love, love, love! I'm looking forward to trying it soon.
These just did not turn out for me for some reason. We didn't care for the texture or the flavor, most likely just because of our own personal prefference.