Top Review by linda.winkler
I love Money's Gardenburgers and the ingredients in this are similar. But Money's has only 100 calories per patty and 3 grams of fat. These are way way higher. I am going to make these anyway but omit the butter and some of the cheese, and perhaps one of the eggs. I don't see why you would need 2 eggs to hold these together.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- toasted bun
- red onion ring
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-12 inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, cook mushrooms and green onions in butter, stirring often, until vegetables are limp; about 6 minutes.
- Add oats and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then stir in cooked rice, mozzarella, cheddar, walnuts, cottage cheese, eggs and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On an oiled 12 by 15 inch baking sheet, shape into 4 patties, each 1/2 inch thick.
- Broil 3 inches from heat until deep golden, turning once, 6 to 7 minutes total.