Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These Mediterranean inspired quesadillas make a great quick, flavourful lunch. The flavour of the vegetables with the cheese is great, but if you want a little bit of spice, add the cayenne pepper flakes. Created for RSC #11.
- 10 inches tortillas
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Miracle Whip light
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup artichoke heart, packed in water (1 1/2 hearts)
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash of cayenne chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 g spinach, fresh, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup gouda cheese
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 cup gouda cheese
- Spread Miracle whip on one half of the tortilla, on that same half sprinkle with sundried tomatoes.
- Gently squeeze most of the water from the artichoke hearts. Cut artichoke hearts in half and cut each half into 4 pieces. Sprinkle artichoke heart pieces, shallots, black beans, garlic powder (optional), and pepper flakes (optional) on same half of the tortilla. Top with shredded spinach.
- Grate cheese and sprinkle cheese on top of spinach. Fold tortilla over so fillings are covered.
- On medium heat, place quesadilla in a non stick frying pan and heat till golden brown, flip quesadilla onto the other side and heat until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Place quesadilla on a plate and cut into 4 wedges. Enjoy with sour cream and salsa.
- NOTE: this recipe is easy to double, triple or quadruple. If doubling, feel free to cover the whole surface of one tortilla with fillings and place the second tortilla over top. Cut into 8 wedges for 2 servings.
This was so delicious. I used mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip and marinated artichoke hearts instead of packed in water. I also included the chili pepper flakes, but only used the 1/4 cup gouda cheese (not the additional 1/4 cup mozzarella) just to save some calories. I loved it! Made for Spring PAC 2008.
5 Stars. This was fabulous. Made with 1/2 cup low-fat Gouda and included the chili pepper flakes. Used light Hellmann's instead of Miracle Whip. Instead of one 10" quesadilla I used two 6 ". I doubled this and added a vegetable side for my BF and I at dinner. Served it with lots of Mrs. Renfro's smoky salsa. Wow, great! Made for RSC #11.
This was colorful, but very bland, needed more of a kick! Could have done without the artichokes and spinach.