Prep 45 mins
Cook 53 mins
This week's winning recipe from the THURSDAY magazine is here! This was submitted by Sana Shafi Wagle.
- 1⁄2 kg minced mutton (Kheema)
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green peas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped (capsicum)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Wash and drain the kheema properly.
- Put 1/2 cup water in a vessel.
- Add kheema, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and salt to taste.
- Cook for sometime, uncovered, until the water has dried.
- Take a broad vessel.
- Add oil.
- Once it's hot, toss in the onion and mix well.
- Add peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms and cumin seeds.
- Fry till the onion becomes soft.
- Add tomato.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the capsicums (bell peppers') and greenpeas.
- Cook for 4 minutes more.
- Add the cooked kheema.
- Mix in turmeric, cumin, corriander and chilli powders.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until light and frothy.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Mix well with the kheema.
- Cook for 23-26 minutes.
- Serve hot with naan or rotis.
I doubled this (minus the egg) and made meat pies out of it. I used 2 pre-made pie crust cut into 4ths. It was delish! I am sending some in my kids'school lunches tomorrow! Wonderful flavor. Thanks for posting!