Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy to assemble, nutritious salad which can be prepared well in advance and keeps well.
- 1 (540 g) can green lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 1 red pepper (Finely chopped)
- 2 -3 green onions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Put the lentils, peppers, onions and currants into a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the remaining ingredients to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing onto the lentils and stir.
- Allow time for the flavours to mature.