Recipe by Food.Is.Good
These are fun to make and they taste good too! I like using plain white cupcake liners so you can see the colours through them. The end result looks complicated but it is really quite easy and quick.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon baking powder
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- icing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place liners in muffin pans.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Separate the batter into four bowls. Tint each one a different colour, (I use red/pink, blue, yellow and then mix blue and yellow to make green).
- Put a bit from each bowl into the paper liners, being careful not to mix them and make muddy colours. Use a different spoon for each colour. Fill the liners about 3/4 full. After, use a toothpick to stir the batters slightly. You do not want to create swirls; just get the air bubbles out.
- Bake for 17 minutes and allow to sit in pan for a minute or two after they come out. Transfer to a cooling rack to prevent the bottoms from becoming soggy.
- Apply icing if desired. You can use the same technique and have multicoloured icing.