Recipe by Sackville
This salad is healthy and pretty to look at. I usually serve it on warm days along with three or four other cold dishes for supper. You can use spinach in place of the cabbage, just make sure to use at least two cups of spinach, since it is less bulky than cabbage.
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 8 -10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and then sauté the cabbage for 2-3 minutes, until it has softened but is not completely wilted.
- Mix the cabbage in a bowl with the chickpeas, spring onions, garlic cloves and tomatoes.
- Whisk the oil, cayenne pepper and lemon juice separately and pour it over the salad.
- Sprinkle over some salt and pepper and mix.
- Chill for a couple hours before serving.