Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is light and refreshing, for when you are not in the mood for a heavy meal.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips (or beef)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- In a frying pan, add the vegetable oil and put the heat on low.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Add to pan.
- Chop up all of your peppers, broccoli and onion and add to pan.
- Take all of your spices and add to the mix.
- Boil rice.
- Simmer the vegetables and chicken on low heat for 45 minutes or until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally, making sure it's not burning.
- Pour the vegetables and chicken over rice and enjoy!
Very tasty recipe that was enjoyed by both of us - I cut the recipe in half -worked just fine. I did cook it in a slightly different manner. We like our veggies still crunchy so - I set my wok on 10 (15 is top heat) Lightly sprayed it with "No Oil" and stir fried the onions(i added a couple of mushrooms) for apprx 8 minutes, added the chicken, gave another light spray of no oil, stir fried for apprx 6 minutes. Added the remaining peppers, broccoli & the spices. I thought it needed a wee bit of steam so I added 4 tbsp of Vermouth. put on the lid and cooked for 8 minutes. Total time 22 minutes. Seved with noodles. Thanks for a very enjoyable recipe
This tasted awful. I really did not like it. The basil was just to much. It didn't seem to go with the dish at all. This one is definately not on my favorites list.