Recipe by Sgt. Pepper
These are a variety of the italian cantuccini, a twice baked cookie, usually containing almonds.
Top Review by Marlitt
These are delicious. I had store bought at my friends house and really enjoyed them. They are a bit pricy at the stores so I checked the zaar for a recipe. I found this it turn out great taste even better then store bought. I didn't put the candied cherries in but followed the rest. I'll be making these often. Thanks
- 300 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 160 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 g pistachios
- 50 g whole almonds (skinned)
- 50 g hazelnut chips (krokant)
- 50 g candied cherries
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients up to the cherries.
- Divide into three parts and form each into a roll of about 2,5 cm.
- Place on a baking tray, leaving about 3cm between each roll.
- Mix eggyolk with milk and brush on top of the rolls.
- bake at 180c for about 20 minutes.
- take rolls out of the oven and leave to cool.
- cut into 0.
- 5cm slices and put those on a baking tray.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes.