Monster cookies! You may want to half these if you don't have a heavy duty mixer. Cooking time depends on the size of your oven and the number of cookie sheets you have. Cooking time is 8-10 minutes a cookie sheet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (18 oz)
- 7 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1Beat butter at medium speed of a heavy-duty electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 2Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating well.
- 3Position knife blade in the food processor bowl; add oats. Process until finely ground. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate morsels, chopped chocolate, and pecans.
- 4Shape cookie dough into 2 inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. (I use parchment paper, just to be sure!) Flatten each ball to a 2 1/2 inch circle. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Cool slightly on the cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and let them cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colossal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (3733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4212.6
- Calories from Fat 1789
- Total Fat 198.8 g
- Saturated Fat 94.9 g
- Cholesterol 445.2 mg
- Sodium 2353.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 554.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 39.5 g
- Sugars 302.7 g
- Protein 67.6 g