Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Monster cookies! You may want to half these if you don't have a heavy duty mixer. Cooking time depends on the size of your oven and the number of cookie sheets you have. Cooking time is 8-10 minutes a cookie sheet!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (18 oz)
- 7 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Beat butter at medium speed of a heavy-duty electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating well.
- Position knife blade in the food processor bowl; add oats. Process until finely ground. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate morsels, chopped chocolate, and pecans.
- Shape cookie dough into 2 inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. (I use parchment paper, just to be sure!) Flatten each ball to a 2 1/2 inch circle. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and let them cool completely.