Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Monster cookies! You may want to half these if you don't have a heavy duty mixer. Cooking time depends on the size of your oven and the number of cookie sheets you have. Cooking time is 8-10 minutes a cookie sheet!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (18 oz)
- 7 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Beat butter at medium speed of a heavy-duty electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating well.
- Position knife blade in the food processor bowl; add oats. Process until finely ground. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate morsels, chopped chocolate, and pecans.
- Shape cookie dough into 2 inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. (I use parchment paper, just to be sure!) Flatten each ball to a 2 1/2 inch circle. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and let them cool completely.
OMGosh!!! So darn good!! I made 1/4 of the recipe!! I did use my 1-2 inch cookie scoop and it made about 3+ dozen cookies. I made the first 1 1/2 batch without pecans and then made the rest with them for myself and my son's girlfriend. I loved that you used the food processor to grind the oats, you can't tell they are in the cookies!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and congrats on your win in the football pool again!!