A great salad or side dish and can be made ahead of time. Just take out of the refrigerator and serve. I got this recipe from my mother, who got it from a family friend, who got it from ??? Cook time includes refrigerator time (estimated).
- Cook rice according to directions except do not add butter, oil or seasonings.
- Drain well and refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Add carrots and onions, mixing well.
- Mix oil and vinegar and then add salt.
- Pour dressing over rice, mixing thoroughly.
- Add fruit and nuts.
- Add honey and mix well.
- Note: If dried fruit is plumped in warm water, drain before adding to rice.