Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh, healthy, tasty and satisfying. My husband always asks for seconds!
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red apple, chopped (macintosh work well)
- 1⁄2 cup small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup black raisins
- 10 whole almonds
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Thoroughly blend all dressing ingredients, store in fridge until salad is ready.
- Gently wash, drain, dry, tear spinach leaves.
- (Drying leaves in a salad spinner works best).
- Arrange spinach in individual serving dishes.
- Nicely arrange remaining salad ingredients on top of spinach.
- Drizzle dressing on each salad, and toss to gently coat leaves.