Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from a friend who had a large vegetable garden many years ago. She was always creating recipes, depending on what was ready in the garden for picking. This salad goes well with meat or fish entrees.
- 3 cups canned corn or 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover& refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Pretty salad but next time I will cut the salt in half. Thanks for sharing!