Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Slightly adapted from Taste of Home. I made this on Christmas Eve and it was still crunchy and good four days later. It is best eaten the same day or the next though. The original recipe called for an entire red onion, but I thought that looked like way too much onion. It also called for 6 oz olives, but I put in a bit less. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing mix, oil, and vinegar; shake well.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours.
A delightful, light veggie salad. I love the taste of the oil/vinegar/ranch dressing. Even the teenagers in the house ate it, and that's saying a lot! I halved the recipe and made extra dressing "just in case". No doubt we'll be making this one again. Thanks for posting!
This was great - took it to a potluck and got a lot of rave reviews. Next time, I think I'll leave the grape tomatoes whole - they couldn't handle the second day! Yummy!