Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe comes from a country cooking book, I make this quite a lot, especially in the fall season when zucchini is plentiful...... the green pepper could be substituted for red, or use both, also, you could use fresh cooked green beans instead of frozen.
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- set oven to 350 degrees.
- butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place beans and peppers in baking dish.
- Top with tomatoes, cheese and zucchini.
- In a bowl, combine the Bisquick mix, salt, cayenne, eggs and milk just until moistened; pour over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, for 55-60 minutes, or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.