Recipe by annroberts54
I found this on a package of Butterball Turkey Strips and it sounded pretty good. When I made it I was very pleasantly surprised and it will become a family fav. It is similar to a sweet and sour recipe but still has its own flair. I made a few healthy substitutions and was very happy with the results. It is 7 WW points when divided into 4 portions
- 16 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20 ounces turkey fillets
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice. Add enough water to make 1 cup. Place cornstarch in a small bowl and slowly stir in juice mix. Add preserves, soy sauce and ginger.
- Finely slice the turkey fillet into strips or buy prepackaged fresh white meat turkey strips. Use 2 teaspoons of oil in skillet and saute turkey strips until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside. Use remaining oil to saute bell pepper, cook 2-3 minutes then add pineapple juice mixture. Stir until thickened.
- Stir turkey back in, then add pineapple, tomato and water chestnuts and simmer until hot.
- Serve with rice if desired.