Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw red, orange and yellow tomatoes at the grocery store the other day and instantly pictured this recipe. If you can’t find orange or yellow tomatoes, you can just use red tomatoes or some other vegetables in different colors. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 small orange tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 small yellow tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, basil or 1⁄4 cup dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place 1/2 cup water and quinoa in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all water is absorbed, for about 10 – 15 minutes. Cool the quinoa. (You can cook a larger amount of quinoa and save it for other uses.).
- In a bowl, mix quinoa and all the other ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until it is cold.
- Infuse love and serve!