Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to me by Carolyn, an old family friend. She has taught me alot about southern cooking and has shared many of her wonderful recipes. This is a lovely colorful salad that compliments any meal.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1⁄4 cup radish, sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 cup mandarin orange segments
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- In a serving bowl layer the following ingrediants in order.
- Lettuce, radish, manderin oranges, avocado, pecans and green onions.
- Before serving add dressing to salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.
I love toasted pecans in salads and this was good! I used a red wine vinaigrette. Much enjoyed, thanks!