Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a dish I threw together last night when I wanted to use up some frozen shrimp and was having a major garlic craving. I raided the crisper, busted out the spices, and this is what became of it. Quite pretty and tasty. This is something a little different from regular shrimp scampi, and definitely something I would serve to guests. Next time I might try broccoli in place of the asparagus (depending on what I find in the fridge:) Prep time does not include peeling and deveining shrimp.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onions, thinly sliced or 3 scallions
- 1 lb asparagus, blanched or steamed,and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small yellow bell peppers or 1 small red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- ground salt and black pepper
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over med.
- Add shrimp and garlic, stirring, until shrimp are no longer opaque, about 2 min.
- Add onion, asparagus, bell pepper, parsley flakes, and salt/pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until veggies are softened, about 5 min.
- Serve over cooked pasta or rice.