Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
with the addition of tomatoes,bell pepper & cucumbers,plus a ketchup based dressing this salad not only tastes good, it's pretty!!
- 2 cups uncooked med. pasta shells
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (heaping)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to pkg. drain & rinse in cold water.
- In large serving bowl, mix together the pasta,tomatoes,bell pepper,cucumber & onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together: sugar,oil,ketchup,vinegar,salt,paprika & pepper till smooth. Toss with pasta mixture. cover & refrigerate until very well chilled.
- prep. time does not include chilling time.