Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This has a very pretty presentation and is a good way to get in a bunch of veggies! You're welcome to use whatever greens you would like, including cabbage. This can be vegan if using only olive oil and leaving out the Parmesan cheese.
Top Review by Engrossed
Colorful indeed! This is a GREAT HEALTHY recipe! I used a mixed bag of greens including kale, chard and mustard greens. I enjoyed this with balsamic vinegar drizzled over it. Wonderful alongside fish. Freddy Cat says thanks for the recipe! Made for the Zaar tag game.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or a combination of oil and butter
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 -2 carrot, grated or chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and separated
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 -3 cups kale, chopped (stems removed)
- 2 -3 cups swiss chard, chopped (stems may be removed or used)
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare veggies and heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add veggies (except garlic & greens) to pan and saute, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano and thyme and saute, while stirring, for another minute.
- Add kale and chard, covering with lid, and saute until just wilted, stirring occasionally, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese, if desired.