Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has a very pretty presentation and is a good way to get in a bunch of veggies! You're welcome to use whatever greens you would like, including cabbage. This can be vegan if using only olive oil and leaving out the Parmesan cheese.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or a combination of oil and butter
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 -2 carrot, grated or chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and separated
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 -3 cups kale, chopped (stems removed)
- 2 -3 cups swiss chard, chopped (stems may be removed or used)
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare veggies and heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add veggies (except garlic & greens) to pan and saute, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano and thyme and saute, while stirring, for another minute.
- Add kale and chard, covering with lid, and saute until just wilted, stirring occasionally, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Colorful indeed! This is a GREAT HEALTHY recipe! I used a mixed bag of greens including kale, chard and mustard greens. I enjoyed this with balsamic vinegar drizzled over it. Wonderful alongside fish. Freddy Cat says thanks for the recipe! Made for the Zaar tag game.