Recipe by Darrinw2001
I am making this for our family holiday celebration pot luck this year. I cut the sausages into 1" bite size pieces and the peppers and onions into 2"x 1/2" slices to make it easy to eat with a fork! you can use any of your favorite sausages and/or peppers you choose!
Top Review by uptonmama
This was a very good sausage recipe. I scaled it down to four serving size on the meat but left the veggies about the same as called for. My husband and I really enjoyed this served over italian rice with a side salad. The kids did not really jump for this though. I enjoyed the ease of preparation, and the mix of flavors.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 lb polska kielbasa
- 1 whole green pepper
- 1 whole red pepper
- 1 whole yellow pepper
- 1 whole medium onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- cut sausages into 1" bite sized rounds.
- Cut peppers and onions into 2"x1/2" slices.
- combined all spices into 1 bowl and mix well.
- heat large skillet with oil to medium heat.
- cook all sausages until 90% done (20 mins).
- add peppers and onions and mixed spices to pan.
- continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes until peppers and onions are just done, do not over cook.
- serve on you favorite platter with a side of red pasta sauce if you wish!