Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adopted Recipe 08-17-06
- 946.36 ml chopped red cabbage (1/2 a medium head)
- 1 whole orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml whole cumin seed
- 1.23 ml red indian chili powder
- 0.59 ml celery seed
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml coarsely chopped peanuts (salted is OK, red skins or dry roasted are not)
- Toss cabbage and orange peppers in a bowl.
- Heat oil in frying pan over high high heat.
- Quickly stir in cumin seeds, red pepper and celery seeds. Stir-fry about 1 minute then pour over cabbage and toss completely.
- Sprinkle on vinegar and sugar and toss.
- Stir in mayonnaise and toss well.
- Stir in chopped peanuts and allow flavors to mingle a little (10- 20 minutes) and serve.
This definitely was a colorful slaw! I enjoyed the flavors of the cumin and chili powder. The balsamic vinegar was a nice touch too. Thanks Jewell!