- 4 cups chopped red cabbage (1/2 a medium head)
- 1 whole orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red indian chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (salted is OK, red skins or dry roasted are not)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cabbage and orange peppers in a bowl.
- Heat oil in frying pan over high high heat.
- Quickly stir in cumin seeds, red pepper and celery seeds. Stir-fry about 1 minute then pour over cabbage and toss completely.
- Sprinkle on vinegar and sugar and toss.
- Stir in mayonnaise and toss well.
- Stir in chopped peanuts and allow flavors to mingle a little (10- 20 minutes) and serve.