Recipe by papergoddess
A light buttermilk and herb dressing coats this colorful combination of vegetables. From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2000 (Prep time includes refrigeration)
Top Review by MizzNezz
We loved this!! I cut the mozzarella into small cubes and followed the recipe exactly. An easy dish to make. It was very good! It also looked pretty in the serving bowl. I will definitly make this one a lot!
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded (or you could use cheddar)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar or 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook carrots for in water 2 minutes.
- Add peas; cook 5 minutes.
- Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place in bowl; add celery, cheese and onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pea mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.