Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light buttermilk and herb dressing coats this colorful combination of vegetables. From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2000 (Prep time includes refrigeration)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded (or you could use cheddar)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar or 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cook carrots for in water 2 minutes.
- Add peas; cook 5 minutes.
- Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place in bowl; add celery, cheese and onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pea mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
We loved this!! I cut the mozzarella into small cubes and followed the recipe exactly. An easy dish to make. It was very good! It also looked pretty in the serving bowl. I will definitly make this one a lot!
What a terrific recipe. The dressing has just the right blend of flavors and the addition of the cheese is really nice. The first time I made this I used mozzarella shreds, the second time I used cheddar. They were both great. The second time I also added halved grape tomatoes and crumbled a bit of leftover bacon on top. Great recipes are ones that can take a bit of changing and mixing, and this is definitely one where the possibilities are endless. Thank you so much for posting this.
Very pretty colors and quick and easy to make. A nice change of pace from some other salads. I used grated provolone.