Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this cold pasta salad because there are so many nice colors going on. It makes a great side for a summer meal. Try it with any meat off the grill.
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, cubed (use mild or medium)
- 1 (12 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing (I use Wishbone)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In large bowl, combine noodles, broccoli, celery, olives, onion, ham, and cheese. Mix well.
- Coat with Italian dressing and mix well. Refrigerate for 25 minutes. Mix again and add more dressing to coat well. I use about 12-14 oz of the bottle total.
This is a very, very tasty salad! Made it withouth the ham, but only because I was serving it with a chicken dinner! Also used slightly less than 1/2 bottle of Italian dressing, which was plenty for us! Thanks for posting your recipe! Definitely want to try it again sometime, WITH the cubbed ham!
This is a pretty salad and has a lot going on visually. With minor adjustments I would make it again for a potluck. I do think the quality & amount of the dressing will impact the salad. I didn't use near the amount suggested & felt I had plenty. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Pick A Chef Spring '09.