Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad would be great for a potluck or church supper or a barbecue. Adding broccoli would be great.
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package provolone cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- parsley (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- Cook pasta according to package and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine, beans, cheese, onion, bell peppers until well mixed.
- Stir in pasta and pour dressing over all and chill.
- For dressing: Whisk together all ingredients until well blended.
This is wonderful! I wasn't able to find diced provolone in our small town and I used cheddar,colby,jack crumbles instead. But the provolone would be even better, if possible! This is tangy with a touch of sweetness and the beans really balance it out nicely. Everyone in our family loved it. Thanks for a keeper! :)