Recipe by Milla
I threw this together the other day and was pleased with how colorful and yummy it was. Serve with a side of bread and a tall glass of V8.
Top Review by AprilShowers
This was a nice lunch - not outstanding, but satisfying. It was great for the kids! They ate it right up! I didn't have tomatoes on hand, and I did add some garlic. I used tri-color rotini.
- 1 cup of cooked corkscrew macaroni
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup steamed broccoli
- 1⁄2 large red onion, sliced in half rings
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cooked pasta, steamed broccoli and corn in large serving bowl.
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- When hot, throw in onion and fry until translucent, but not brown.
- Dash with vinegar and let it cook off.
- Toss tomatoes and cooked ham in with onions and dash with pepper and salt.
- Add a dolop more of olive oil.
- Let cook for about 3 minutes until tomatoes are soft and ham is warmed through.
- Add to pasta mixture, throw in basil, oregano and parsley and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Feel free to add more vinegar.
- Sprinkle paremesan over dish and serve immediately.