I threw this together the other day and was pleased with how colorful and yummy it was. Serve with a side of bread and a tall glass of V8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup of cooked corkscrew macaroni
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup steamed broccoli
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced in half rings
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Combine cooked pasta, steamed broccoli and corn in large serving bowl.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan.
- 3When hot, throw in onion and fry until translucent, but not brown.
- 4Dash with vinegar and let it cook off.
- 5Toss tomatoes and cooked ham in with onions and dash with pepper and salt.
- 6Add a dolop more of olive oil.
- 7Let cook for about 3 minutes until tomatoes are soft and ham is warmed through.
- 8Add to pasta mixture, throw in basil, oregano and parsley and mix well.
- 9Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- 10Feel free to add more vinegar.
- 11Sprinkle paremesan over dish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorful Pasta Lunch
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 61.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 26.4 g