I know what you are thinking. "What are rice krispie cereal doing in a pasta dish?" Well I promise you I thought the very same thing. With much hesitation I tried this recipe 13 years ago and to my disbelief and excitement it turned out FABULOUS! This is one of my most favorite recipes to take to a neighbor. Not only is it very tasty but its a great conversation maker! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and children do, they love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- 2Brown ground beef, garlic and onions over medium heat, stirring frequently. Drain juices, if necessary.
- 3Once browned add tomato sauce, tomatoes, bouillon cube, Italian seasoning, salt, zucchini and rice krispies cereal, mixing until combined.
- 4Cover and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Place half of meat sauce in bottom of 9x13 casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Spread spaghetti evenly over sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Spread remaining sauce over spaghetti.
- 6Cover casserole.
- 7Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and return to oven, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorful Pasta Bake With (Yes) Rice Krispies!
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 893.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: