Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from a package of three color spiral pasta.
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (Italian seasoning flavor)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain.
- Beat egg and milk in a bowl large enough to hold the cooked pasta.
- Add cooked pasta to milk and egg mixture and toss to coat pasta.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of a 10 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook together the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic until beef is no longer pink, then drain off and discard grease.
- Add tomato sauce to meat mixture and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly over pasta in dish, then top with mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut and serve hot.
- Preparation time includes time to cook pasta; cooking time includes standing time.
This is delicious! We love the mushrooms atop a dish that resembles other favorite Italian entrees.