Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally from some kind of health magazine which I don't think exists any longer. Anyhow, it's very colorful and tasty!
- 118.29 ml dry lentils (preferably the French green variety, they hold their shape better)
- 14.79 ml fresh dill, minced
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, grated
- 59.14 ml green onion, minced
- 78.07 ml cheese, shredded (such as Jarlsberg or Swiss)
- Simmer lentils in water until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and serve.
I made this last week for something different to eat. I did make some changes (not many), I used mixed lentils, I didn't have any cheese, and the veggies I used carrots, cucumber, green onion and red pepper because I had to use them up. I did 2 tbsp plain yogurt, because I wanted something creamy, if I had cheese it probably would have taken care of that. The smell reminded me of tzatziki. I will definitely make it again.