This is another of my fast weeknight recipes. It is also Colorful so my kids like it, and it is chock full of veggies that they don't even realize. I use my Chris' Awesome salsa which is on my page or if I am low on time Phil's organic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 2 diced green onions with tops
- 4 red bell pepper tortillas
- 4 spinach tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1In a skillet, sautee onions and pepper.
- 2Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to skillet, brown for 5-6 minutes.
- 3add taco seasoning and water and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- 4In a 9x13 casserole dish add salsa to bottom of dish on top of salsa add 1 of each color tortilla.
- 5On top of that add chicken mix and beans, then add cheese.
- 6keep layering in that fashion until dish is full.
- 7bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- 8top with lettuce, sour cream and guacamole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorful Layered Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.0
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 2066.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: