Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another of my fast weeknight recipes. It is also Colorful so my kids like it, and it is chock full of veggies that they don't even realize. I use my Chris' Awesome salsa which is on my page or if I am low on time Phil's organic
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 2 diced green onions with tops
- 4 red bell pepper tortillas
- 4 spinach tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- In a skillet, sautee onions and pepper.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to skillet, brown for 5-6 minutes.
- add taco seasoning and water and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish add salsa to bottom of dish on top of salsa add 1 of each color tortilla.
- On top of that add chicken mix and beans, then add cheese.
- keep layering in that fashion until dish is full.
- bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- top with lettuce, sour cream and guacamole.