Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
I love skillet dinners and this one is easy and tasty. Takes less than an hour from start to finish.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, add the soup, water, and butter; bring mixture to a boil.
- Add in the kielbasa and rice; lower the heat, cover and simmer 15-18 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Add in the peas and mushrooms; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and peas are heated.
- Season to taste if needed--I add a little cayenne.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
made this from Taste of Home a few years back... glad i can find it here!! thanks!
We love this meal! My boyfriend grew up eating this and suggested it one night after. This is his "go-to" meal on nights he cooks, and I love it too! Leftovers are great! A perfect meal to come home to when you're tired.
I love skillet dinners, however, to me this just didn't cut it. I thought it was ok, hubby said please don't make that again.