1/2 Photos of Colorful Holiday Potatoes
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe has grown into one of my favorite side dishes; and I started out not even liking sweet potatoes! This has changed my opinion forever! Adapted from a Honey Baked Ham recipe I picked up years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease an 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- 3Slice potatoes 1/8 inch thin; place in water for 20 minutes.
- 4In small bowl, mix flour and butter until smooth.
- 5In medium saucepan; heat milk and broth over medium low heat.
- 6Add flour mixture to hot milk; cook stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Reduce to low; stir in 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup fontina cheese, thyme, salt and pepper mixing well.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Alternate layers of drained potato with sweet potato adding 1/4 of sauce and 1/8 cup fontina between each layer.
- 10Top with 1/4 cup parmesan.
- 11Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes.
- 12Remove foil and continue to bake for 45-55 minutes until potatoes are tender and top is browned.
- 13Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorful Holiday Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 295.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g