Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of an extremely popular, simple and lettuce free salad.
- 3⁄4 lb tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 4 medium)
- 2 cups diced seeded and peeled cucumbers (about 1 large)
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper (about 1 large)
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toss first 10 ingredients in bowl to blend.
- Gently add in cheese to the mix.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Can be made a couple of hours ahead: keep at room temperature.
delicious! my favorite salad, i also added scallions and surrounded the salad with stuffed dolmas
Delicious and healthy. I used scallions instead of the red onion because it was what I had on hand and it turned out great. I had a surplus of tomatoes from my garden and this was a wonderful and different way to use them up! Thanks for the recipe