Recipe by Greeny4444
This is basically fruit salad - on a stick! It's a great, healthy side for kids or elderly people who have trouble handling plates. It does take a bit of time to assemble, but the results look stunning at a baby shower, birthday party, or cookout! The goal is to make the skewer colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue. You can, however, substitute any fruit you'd like. You can also reverse the order in which you put the fruit on the skewer, and dip the bottom of the strawberry in chocolate. Have fun!
- 50 strawberries, hulled
- 50 pieces cantaloupe or 50 pieces mandarin oranges
- 50 pieces pineapple, canned
- 50 pieces kiwi fruits or 50 pieces honeydew melon
- 100 blueberries
- 50 bamboo or other disposable skewers (such as plastic)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers, make sure all the splinters are off of them by rolling two together in your hands, or rub them over each other, as if you are sharpening a knife.
- Cut the fruit that is not already small into 1-inch, or bite-size, chunks.
- First, skewer the strawberry.
- Then, skewer the cantelope or orange.
- Then, skewer the pineapple.
- Then, skewer the kiwifruit or honewdew melon.
- Then, finish the skewer with 2 blueberries on the pointed end. Make sure to push them up fairly high, so they don't slip off.