1/2 Photos of Colorful Fruit Kabobs
This is basically fruit salad - on a stick! It's a great, healthy side for kids or elderly people who have trouble handling plates. It does take a bit of time to assemble, but the results look stunning at a baby shower, birthday party, or cookout! The goal is to make the skewer colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue. You can, however, substitute any fruit you'd like. You can also reverse the order in which you put the fruit on the skewer, and dip the bottom of the strawberry in chocolate. Have fun!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using wooden or bamboo skewers, make sure all the splinters are off of them by rolling two together in your hands, or rub them over each other, as if you are sharpening a knife.
- 2Cut the fruit that is not already small into 1-inch, or bite-size, chunks.
- 3First, skewer the strawberry.
- 4Then, skewer the cantelope or orange.
- 5Then, skewer the pineapple.
- 6Then, skewer the kiwifruit or honewdew melon.
- 7Then, finish the skewer with 2 blueberries on the pointed end. Make sure to push them up fairly high, so they don't slip off.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorful Fruit Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: