Recipe by ~Bliss~
This is sooo good. I think I finished it off all by myself in 2 days, taking little tastes every time i passed the fridge.
Top Review by snowpeasandcarrots
I made this last night using ingredients I had on hand (no parsley, no red pepper). Served it with broasted chicken. It was fabulous! The cumin and the lime juice made for the perfect taste sensation. Based on my own experience (and budget),next time I will repeat my modified recipe from last night, but use canned corn instead of thawed frozen corn.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups diced green peppers
- 2 cups diced sweet red peppers
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used about 1 tbs.+)
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine first 12 ingredients.
- In microwave safe dish, combine oil and garlic.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 min.
- (I cut this about 15 sec. short in mine).
- Whisk in lime juice.
- Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 16-18 servings.