Recipe by *Parsley*
Cool, colorful and light. Great way to use leftover corn on the cob. It makes a wonderful side for any grilled meats....even burgers.
Top Review by lkm61154
I made this and brought it to a pot luck where it got rave reviews and several requests for the recipe. Because of the time of year I was able to go to our local farm and purchase most ingredients very fresh and locally grown which was a treat. Great summer - fall side dish!
- 3 cups fresh corn, cooked and cut off the cob, can use frozen thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onion
- 3⁄4-1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, black beans, tomato, cucumber, orange pepper, onion, feta, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix togther the olive oil, lime juice, sugar, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the veggie mixture and toss to coat well.
- Chill for about 2 hours before serving.
- Toss again and serve.