Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had a dish similar to this in a restaurant when visiting my family in Tampa. I have tried to recreate the recipe through taste and recipes I have found in my cookbooks. It is a very pretty salad and has a unique taste. Do not let the dressing ingredients throw you, it is yummy!
- 2 cups arugula, torn into pieces
- 1 cup mandarin orange, sections
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 black olives, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, cinnamon and cayenne. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in to a shakeable container and let dressing sit at least 20minutes before serving.
- In large serving bowl, lay out arugula on bottom of plate in single layer.
- Next layer, add oranges.
- Next layer, radishes.
- Top dish with the olives.
- Before serving add some of the dressing to top of bowl and toss salad. Serve salad and pass extra dressing to please.
An absolutely fantastic salad...the dressing is unique and full of flavor. This is a keeper.