Colorful Chopped Salad With Oil-Cured Tuna
- Season the vinegar and lemon juice with salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl.
- Shave the red onion and radishes, as thin as possible, and add to the seasoned vinegar. Let sit for 1/2 an hour, or so.
- Trim and dice the green beans (slice into small rounds). Blanch them in boiling, salted water for 1 1/2 minutes and then shock them in ice water. Drain. Place in large bowl. The following ingredients go into this bowl.
- Trim and dice the fennel bulbs, discarding the tough core. They should be small like the green beans.
- Peel and dice the carrots (again, small).
- Halve the tomatoes, finely shred the radicchio and dice the cucumber.
- Finally, add the rinsed garbanzos, the Quinoa (I keep cooked on hand to throw in soups and salads), the tuna and fresh herbs. Toss lightly and dress with the onion and radish "vinaigrette".