Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from Quick Cooking magazine. This is great for making 2 meals, or serving a big group.
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (7 ounce) packageready-cut spaghetti or 1 (7 ounce) packageready-cut elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté green pepper, celery, and onion in butter until tender.
- Add broth, peas, corn, salt (if desired) and pepper; heat through.
- Stir in chicken and spaghetti.
- Divide between 2 greased 8 inch square baking pans.
- Top with the mushrooms and cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months, if you only need to serve 4.
- Cover and bake the second casserole at 350° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- To use frozen casserole, cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes; uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer.
It was OK. It was somewhat bland though. It may just be my taste buds
This is so good I have stopped freezing half for later. I just make the whole thing in a 13x9 pan and the whole thing gets eaten within 1-2 days.