Recipe by jadoredior33
This delicious soup is pretty and healthy. It doesnt get much better than that!
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens, cut up
- 13 cups water
- 4 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cups raw fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Seperate parts of chicken, set in water, and bring to a boil for about 1 hour.
- Remove chicken and seperate meat from bones. Strain broth and set aside.
- Add olive oil to large soup pot and add garlic, onion. carrot and squash. Saute until slightly tender.
- Add broth back in and contiune cooking vegetables until fully cooked.
- Finally, add in cooked chicken meat and baby spinach. Cook an additional 10 minutes and serve.