Recipe by Queena Frye
I came across this in Taste of Home's Quick Cooking. Was unsure about it, but took a chance and love it. The corn chips gives it a crunch and the lettuce and tomatoe add a cool crispiness that add to the warm creaminess of the rice and chicken. It is extreamly wonderful. I've served it at a Bible Study and everyone loved it.
Top Review by starsugarb
Frankly, this scared me at first. I did everything except for add black olives (personal preference). It looked soupy and not the least bit colorful as I was putting it into the baking dish. I cringed as I put it in the oven. When it was done, I added the tomatoes, lettuce, and corn chips. Turns out, it was FABULOUS!!!! My husband and I went back for seconds (and thirds, but who's counting)! Very tasty! I'm glad I stuck it through. It is definitely a keeper at my house!
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 1 can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor or a blender, process the soup, sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese till smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the sauce, rice, chicken, cheese, chilies, olives and garlic salt.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Cover with Corn Chips, Lettuce, and Tomatoes before serving.